We have recently moved our office to 442 Grey Street, Unit G, Brantford, Ontario, N3S 7N3.
Our new office is at ground level, handicap accessible and with adjacent free parking. Our clients are individuals and independent businesses.
We provide legal counsel and innovative ideas to assist our clients in meeting their goals, both large and small. As a result, most of our clients are repeat clients or referrals from other satisfied clients.
THOMAS H. BUCK, LLB.
- 1977 to 1978 – Articles with the law firm of Gothard, Breithaupt, Kitchener, Ontario
- 1979 to 1985 – Sole practitioner in general practice, Paris, Ontario
- 1985 to 1990 – Partner in the law firm of McIntosh, Kindon, James, Reeves, Buck & Harris, Brantford and Paris, Ontario
- 1990 to 1991 – Sole practitioner, Paris, Ontario
- 1991 to 2015 – Partner in the law firm of James, Reeves & Buck and Reeves & Buck LLP, Brantford, Ontario
- June 2015 – Present – Sole practitioner, Brantford, Ontario.
- 1979 to Present – Member of Brant Law Association and Member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Former Vice President and Director of Brant Law Association
- Lecturer, high school and community groups on legal topics
- Former Warden and Board Member of St. James Anglican Church, Paris
- Former Cub Scout Leader for 1st Paris Scouts
- Former Associate Director of Paris Agricultural Society
- Former Vice Chairman of Paris Public Library Board
- Former Chairman of the Board of “Information Paris”
- Former Official Agent for Federal Liberal Candidate for County of Brant
- Former Director of Brant Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Former Coach of Paris Softball Teams and Brantford Baseball Teams
- Former Vice-President, Chair of Finance and Director of The Brantford Club
- Paris District High School, 1971
- Called to the Bar of Ontario, April, 1979
- University of Windsor, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), 1977
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Bachelor of Arts (B.A. Economics), 1974
Professional Courses Completed
- The Six-Minute Estates Lawyer 2015
- 12th Annual Real Estate Law Summit
- 13th Annual Real Estate Summit 2016
- Wills and Estates Practice Basics 2016
- Born July, 6, 1952 in Paris, Ontario
- Married to Susan, a registered nurse
- Father of 3 children; Grandfather of 4 children
- During my youth growing up on a Paris area farm, I developed a strong interest in issues relating to farming and small business.
- Enjoys running, golfing and canoeing.
Areas of Practice – Click here
Legal Assistant / Commissioner
- April 2002 – June 2003 – Legal Assistant at Underwood & Ion, Brantford, Ontario
- June 2004 – June 2015 – Legal Assistant at Reeves & Buck LLP, Brantford, Ontario
- June 2015 – Present – Legal Assistant at Thomas H. Buck Law Office, Brantford, Ontario
I currently have 18 years legal experience in the law firm setting, and have 16 years of Real Estate, Corporate, Commercial, Wills, and Estate Law experience with 14 of those years working side by side with Tom. Working as assistant to Tom allows me to use my excellent communication and drafting skills to assist clients in a timely manner.
- St. Peter’s High School, Peterborough, Ontario, 1999
- Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology, April 2002 with my Office Administration – Legal Diploma
- Born November 28, 1981 in Owen Sound, Ontario.
- Mother of 3 beautiful children.
- Enjoys spending time with family and friends.